So, you’ve finally found your perfect match. Your partner swept you off your feet with a spectacularly flashy proposal, and now you have a sparkling ring on your finger. If you believe the movies, then that’s it, right? Everything magically falls into place, and you can live happily ever after with your spouse, with nothing else to think about. Wrong! It’s definitely time for a wedding planning reality check!
Along with the dress, flowers and celebrant, the location you choose for your big day ultimately sets the tone for your wedding overall. Here at Let’s Marry, we believe there is no better backdrop to exchange your vows than Brisbane, Queensland. Read on for the top six reasons to get hitched in beautiful Brissie.
1. Perfect Weather – Boasting almost 300 days of sunshine each year, Brisbane definitely lives up to the saying: “beautiful one day, perfect the next”. The city’s temperate climate ensures you can tie the knot at almost any time of year, more often than not, featuring a spectacularly sunny backdrop. The beautiful weather has another added benefit: you can plan the idyllic outdoor ceremony you have always dreamed of.
2. Many Venue Choices – One of the greatest benefits of getting married in Brisbane is you are genuinely spoilt for choice. Whichever backdrop you wish to recite your vows under, this beautiful city has the ideal location for you.
Whether your dream wedding includes a picturesque outdoor location, or stylish indoor ceremony, our talented consultants can help you find the perfect venue to suit your unique style and overall vision for the special day.
Marry in Brisbane, and you can choose anything from a beachfront wedding, to a wedding in a castle, historic church, parklands, or anything in between. And, the best part is, there are no legal restrictions on where you hold your nuptials.
3. Great Food/Catering – At Let’s Marry, we believe that catering is a vital component of your wedding day. Food unites people – it gives them a chance to get together and celebrate, and no occasion does this better than at a wedding reception. And, the best part is you don’t have to travel far for quality cuisine – Brisbane is home to an abundance of excellent catering companies.
You’ll be truly spoilt for choice, with a wide selection of fresh, wholesome food, made from high quality, locally sourced ingredients. Brisbane caterers offer everything from casual finger food to platters, grazing stations, buffets, to formal, three-course meals.
Whether you’re planning a black-tie or casual reception (or anything in between), you’re sure to find the perfect catering solution for your special day.
4. Wedding Dress Options – Selecting your perfect wedding dress is one of the most enjoyable aspects of wedding planning. However, choosing your wedding gown is much more than a pre-wedding ritual – it is an iconic moment that you will treasure forever.
5. Location for Photos – Brisbane is known as a picturesque city, for very good reason. It's awesome sunrises and sunsets, coupled with Brisbane’s even climate ensure your wedding photos will look spectacular no matter the time of year. Here are some of the city’s most iconic locations for wedding photos:
Botanic Gardens – Considered Brisbane’s premier subtropical gardens, the Botanic Gardens feature many iconic backdrops for wedding photos. These include a Japanese garden, exotic rainforest, temperate gardens and more.
The Brisbane Powerhouse – Located on the northern banks of the Brisbane River, the Powerhouse is an art and cultural hub, as well as a stunning wedding photo destination. If you want to avoid the traditional wedding nature shots, the Powerhouse is perfect for couples seeking an edgy, urban feel.
Old Government House – The epitome of old-world charm and elegance, Old Government House is ideal for couples who appreciate architectural style. For a scene directly out of a fairy tale, take your photos inside, amid the stunning chandeliers and dramatic spiral staircases.
6. Stay for Your Honeymoon – In the past, planning your honeymoon was often a time-consuming chore. It used to take countless hours to search for honeymoon destinations online and compare accommodation and airfare prices. Well, not anymore!
Whether you want to explore Brisbane’s picturesque mountain ranges and verdant valleys or enjoy a few lazy days by the pool, the River City has the honeymoon getaway you’ve been dreaming of.
Offering an optimum mix of culture, traditional beauty, a bustling nightlife, pristine beaches, wondrous islands and a breathtaking natural park, Brisbane is the ideal honeymoon destination.
The River City is brimming with activities to suit every taste and budget. Why not spend a day discovering Brisbane’s intriguing past at the Early Street Historical Village, catch a glimpse of the city on a romantic river cruise, or view the city from above on a helicopter ride?
To make your once in a lifetime honeymoon experience complete, stroll through Roma Street Parklands with your sweetheart, following it up with a visit to the Queensland Art Gallery and the Museum of Modern Art.
For more fantastic ideas and support planning your dream wedding in Brisbane, call the friendly and experienced team at Let’s Marry on 1300 LET SSS (1300 538 777)